Biotechnology is a mixture of Biology and Technology. M.Tech in Biotechnology includes study of all the biological components and its applications. Biotechnology includes detailed study of the entire bio- organism and its detailed application with technological aspects. M.Tech in Biotechnology helps the students in knowing the technological applications of Biological organisms. The advantages, disadvantages, as well as various other impacts of organisms are studied in detail under this subject and based on the analysis; a conclusion is drawn that helps in determining the application of that organism. Thus, the study of Biotechnology tends to be very beneficial for the mankind.
Intake - Full Time: 30 / Evening: 20
|Duration - Full Time: 2yrs / Evening: 3yrs
A candidate must have B.Tech./ B.E. in Biotechnology/ Biochemical Engg./ Chemical Engg./ Alcohol
Tech./ B.Pharm./ M.Sc. in Biological Science/ Physical Science/ chemical Science or equivalent with minimum 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University.
Mode of Admission
- Through combined Entrance Test of IUET-2016
- For details of the test refer to section "Important Instructions & Syllabi:
- The list of the candidates according to their order of merit in entrance examination and selected for counselling to M.Tech. courses shall be displayed on Notice Board/ Website of the University. However, the intimation letter shall also be sent only to selected candidates for communicating the date of counselling on which they have to report for completing the admission formalities.
- Selection for admission to MTech courses shall be done through the counselling and in the order of merit of the Entrance Test.
- NRI/left over seats shall be filled on the merit of qualifying examination
Ist instalment of the year(To be deposited at the time of admission) Rs.50,000/-
IInd instalment of the year(To be deposited before 20th November 2016) Rs.30,000/-