Women Grievance Cell
About the cell
In compliance to the orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in the case of Vishaka & others versus the State of Rajasthan and others (SCC 606 1997), the Women Grievance/Harassment Cell in Integral University was framed to look after the grievances of women against sexual discrimination/harassment for its redressal and elimination.
Functions of WGC at IU
- 1. Prevent gender discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender equity amongst all IU students and employees.
- 2. Make recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for modifications/changes/elaborations in the Rules, Standing orders and Bye-Laws etc, to make them gender just and to lay down procedures for the prohibition, resolution, settlement and prosecution of acts of sexual harassment.
- 3. Deal with cases of sexual harassment, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
- 4. Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Vice Chancellor.
Ethical responsibilities to the complainants and the accused
Cell shall be ethically responsible to the complainants and the accused and shall do its utmost to provide justice for each complaint to the best of its ability.
Recent Activities of the cell
- Awareness regarding the safety and security of women and about 1090 power line of the State Government.
- Workshop on 1090 Women Power line
- Demonstration of self defense exercises.
- Lecture on career motivation for female students.